Last Modified: January 26, 2022
Transition Overwatch, LLC (“we” or “Company”) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.transitionoverwatch.com (“Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy also applies to the services and software provided on or in connection with the Website (“Services“).
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as gender, professional title, company name, employment history, military history, educational history, personal summary, password and geographical location; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, the employers who subscribe to our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our Services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Communications between you and the Company, communications between you and other users of the Services (including job seekers and employers who subscribe to our Services), and any other information you provide to us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties, including without limitation, resumes, job descriptions, text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that you may provide through messages or chats, or other functionality on the Website (collectively, “User Contributions“). By using the Services, you consent to the monitoring, recording, storage and disclosure of such communications you send or receive for these purposes. All User Contributions and information that you decide to make publicly available will be visible to other users of the Services. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. As there is no comprehensive industry or legal standard presently for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we do not respond to them at this time. Our Website does not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and does not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal or non-personally identifiable information.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. The collection of this information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may also receive personal information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may obtain information when you login or register with us through a third-party social network or authentication service, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, GitHub, ID.me, or Google. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, which could include your name, email address, address book and contacts, or other information. Similarly, when you interact with us through a social media site or third-party service, such as when you like, follow or share Company content on any third-party social network, we may receive certain information from the social network including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive from these third-party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third-party site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Website or Services.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Information We Collect Through Other Means
We use your Information to operate, debug, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and permit you to communicate with other users of the Services, including job seekers or employers, or invite others to join the Services. We may also send you Services-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, change or updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices) and/or newsletters, surveys, offers or other promotional materials. We may also, upon receiving your consent, publish feedback and testimonials that we may receive from you. For more information about your communication preferences, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website.
- To provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Services.
- To recognize and contact you across multiple devices.
- To monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Website.
- To diagnose or fix technology problems.
- To otherwise to plan for and enhance our Services.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To connect job seekers with employers who subscribe to our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
Our Services allow you to connect and interact with others (including job seekers and employers who subscribe to our Services). If you are a job seeker, your profile information, including your name, photo, and other personal information, will be available to such employers.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To the public when you provide feedback or certain User Contributions on our Website. For example, if you post User Contributions on our blog or comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your name, company name, state of residence or business, and your comments, may be displayed on our Website or on our social media pages.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Transition Overwatch, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Transition Overwatch, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- With employers who subscribe to our Services, if you are a job seeker. Your profile information and User Contributions you post to public areas of the Website and Services will be viewable by employers who subscribe to our Services. Please do not provide personal information you would not want to be publicly shown to all such employers. For purposes of this policy, “public areas” are limited to areas viewable by employers and not any other users. You may be able to control the visibility of some of your information and actions in your profile settings (see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information).
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Transition Overwatch, LLC, our customers, our job seekers, the employers who subscribe to our Services, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal information regarding visitors and users, that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual, with third parties such as our business partners and trusted affiliates for the purposes outlined above.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by [[checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-OUT METHOD]] or at any other time by] [logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by]] sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by [[checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-OUT METHOD]] or at any other time by] [logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by]] sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. [For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.]
We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices). If you are a job seeker, we may also send you text message notifications related to your account and services. For example, we will send a text when an employer sends you an interview request. By providing a mobile phone number, you authorize the Company to contact you at this number using an automatic texting system to provide information and servicing regarding your account. If you no longer wish to receive SMS texts from us, you can unsubscribe by replying “STOP” to one of our texts.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated email address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page, where you can also change some of your data sharing preferences in your profile settings.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Our Website may contain links to third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and/or social media sites and our users may post links to third-party websites. When you leave our Website and go to another site, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this policy do not apply to these outside websites. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information.